By Chef Thomas Schmidt
3 Tbsp Butter
½ cup Shallots, peeled and finely minced (measure after peeling)
2 cups Carnaroli (or Arborio) Risotto Rice
1 cup White Wine
1 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 tsp White Pepper – fine ground
6 cups Vegetable Stock
8 oz Raw Maine lobster meat, diced into ½” chunks
1 Red pepper roasted, peeled and ½” dice
20 Cherry tomatoes, cleaned and cut in half
1 cup Mixed baby summer squash
¾ cup Fine grated Vella dry jack cheese
Roast summer squash:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Cut squash into cubes.
- Toss in olive oil.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable stock and reserve on low heat next to risotto pot.
- Cook the shallots in the butter until translucent in another pot.
- Add the rice and parch for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and salt and reduce until almost dry.
- Add the vegetable stock a cup at a time and continue to cook on high until 4 cups of the stock is absorbed into the rice. When rice is al dente, add lobster meat, cherry tomatoes, roasted summer squash and roasted peppers.
- Cook until tomatoes break down a little and lobster is cooked, 1 -2 minutes. You may need to add more stock.
- Mix in ½ cup grated Vella dry jack cheese. The risotto should be a little loose, if not, add a little more hot vegetable stock.
- Serve topped with more cheese.